Week in review
It's Friday afternoon and I'm inching towards the door, but I want to post a law school update before I spend another lovely fall weekend reading and working on LWRA assignments.
Torts - Prof. Torts continues to plug along through custom, the Hand formula, medical malpractice and now negligence per se. He's still asking questions we don't know the answer to and people are still trying to divine the answers using their texts, briefs, and crystal balls. Most of us, though, have given up on ever successfully guessing the answer and start playing freecell when he starts a Q&A session. We did get a sample exam this week that covers what we've learned up to this point and we'll go over it in a couple of weeks. This is a good thing.
CivPro - I'm still confused in this class, as are most of my class mates. And it's not the material that confuses us for the most part. The FRCP and 28 U.S.C. are confusing from a numbers perspective, but the subject matter is graspable, though barely. Glannon's is making the most sense at this point as our text has little dialogue outside the cases, statutes, and questions. I've also got the Q&A book that's helpful as well. I've started my outline for this class.
Contracts - Prof. Contracts gets funnier and funnier each week. He's mostly lecturing at this point with a little Q&A. With this being our shortest class, time wise, it never seems we cover enough information at any one class setting. Other than 2-207 I'm okay with the subject matter, but I've opened up Farnsworth to start filling out some of the areas I'm not clear on. I think I'll start working on this outline over the weekend.
LWRA - I don't get this class. I mean, I get the subject matter, and what we're supposed to be learning, but I don't get the methodology our school is using to teach it to us. We had a research assignment due this week that most students over worked on. I got the facts of the answers right, but we'll also be graded on our issues, the rules, their application, and our brief answer. I have no idea how that'll turn out. We have a Bluebook quiz this week and got our closed memo assignment that's due in 2 weeks. Yippee.
All in all, I'm feeling okay about the subject matter and my understanding of it. I'm keeping up with the reading an stepping out to other sources when necessary. I picked up the Casenotes for Contracts and looked at the EZ Rules for CivPro, but I'm not sure that will be as helpful as I'm hoping it could be. Maybe after this weekend and a little more outlining I'll feel more comfortable. We'll see.

<< Home