10/13/2004

School comments

The school is offering a couple classes in general writing skills that I've been going to. They're okay. At the one yesterday the instructor showed up and started passing around hand outs, but there weren't enough. When asked about more she replied, "I had plenty" or something along that line. Wait a minute. If you'd had plenty, we wouldn't have run out. Thus the fact that we ran out is proof that you didn't have plenty. Maybe you THOUGHT you had plenty, but that's obviously not the case. Anyways, it was annoying. She suggested everyone share but not one person passed one back or leaned over to look at their neighbor's copy. That the class was half full of day time students who could have gone to an earlier offering thus allowing me to have a hand out seemed odd. I don't have a problem sharing class with them but if they can come to our classes then whomever is responsible for estimating the number of hand outs should take this into account (which is the most likely reason we ran out). But enough complaining . . .

We're supposed to be working on our closed memo for LRWA, but the packet they gave us has 15 cases in it. It took me 3 hours just to read them through the first time. Now I'm trying to brief them and consolidate their holdings, but it's slow going. I'd ramble on about it but something tells me they're serious about the whole "not talking to anyone about it, at all, ever policy" pretty seriously, even anonymously.

Our class scheduled is pretty crazy this week too. Our Torts prof is out and we've got a make up class on Saturday. Due to no Torts class, our CivPro class was moved into the Torts earlier time slot. Then, our Contracts class got cancelled for yesterday with a make up for it after CivPro tonite (after its earlier Torts time slot). Since LRWA was cancelled yesterday so they could grade our closed memo issues we had no class last night and our Thursday LRWA class is before Contracts instead of after. On top of all this, the administration has tried 3 times to coordinate a Q&A session to answer question about summer school and has moved it each time. I don't know about the rest of my classmates, but I'm confused.

What really gets me is that the school's own Dean of Administration couldn't get a meeting scheduled without having to reschedule it 3 times. You'd think that a Dean of Administration could at least Administer enough to check with everyone before trying to setup a meeting. Or that the school would have some tool for scheduling activities like this such as a group calendar or a website or something. Then again, maybe I'm expecting too much, which is probably the case. But I'm complaining again and I'm trying not to do that as much. Sorry.