Blog Risks
The problem with starting a blog is the realization that you're posting your thoughts and opinions on a public network. One that you have very little control of once you publish your writings. While that's good from a public information/discussion perspective, it's bad in that you don't know what other people will do with that information now, or sometime in the future. What happens if I publish something today that gets misinterpreted or misunderstood in 10-20 years? What happens if our social norms change over time and what I write today becomes socially wrong over time?
Examples of this abound, like the impact Strom Thrumonds early opinions had on his legislative impact in the later years of his life, or the impact of current politicians actions during a "time of war" that happened over 20 years ago. Obviously, times change, people change, and opinions change, but political groups in this country seem to forget this and remember minute details of peoples lives from decades ago that they believe somehow continue to define the person despite their attempts to state otherwise. To help attempt to alleviate that problem for myself, I offer the following:
DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in this blog are the opinions that I hold or find relevant to make the point at hand. These opinions are open to regular and constant change based on increasing knowledge of the world around me. Just because an opinion is stated in this blog does not mean that the stated opinion is necessarily held by the author, but is one that is useful from a public discussion perspective or to make a point or counter point. To the end that a particular line of discussion remains entertaining or informative, it is entirely possible that I may express opinions that I do not hold for the sake of continuing discussion or to play the devil's advocate.

<< Home