Too many things
One of the things that I'm having a problem with as I start writing in this blog is that there are WAY too many things that I could write about. An even bigger problem is that I will think of something brilliant or fascinating to write about, but completely forget what it was when I actually get around to doing the writing. That said, here are some random thought about this weekend.
I picked up an antique pachinko machine at a garage sale this weekend. This is only relevant if you know that I've also got an antique pinball machine in my dining room that's really cool. The pachinko machine was $20 and mechanically works. It's only missing the 10v motor that makes it all light up, but it's still cool. The garage sale was next door so all I really did was relocate some of her stuff for some of my money, but I'm still happy about the transaction.
We had friends over for dinner on Saturday (after seeing Miss Saigon on Friday evening). I marinated some steak in the new A1 marinade and it was pretty tasty. We drank from a multipack of Abita that I picked up at Central Market on sale and finished the evening with an Onyx robusto. Quite enjoyable.
I watched a lot of TV over the weekend (more than I needed to or should have) and one question stands out. Why does DirecTV need to advertise to their own customers. I watched mostly cable via my DirecTV and it seems that at least 2-3 commercials out of every half hour show were about DirecTV. Now, telling me what's on Pay Per View is fine. I don't mind that, too much. But telling me how great DirecTV is, seeing that I'm already voluntarily paying for it, is a complete waste of time. I don't get it.
As a follow-up to a previous post, the quality of radio stations here in DFW is now very poor. Where I used to be able to switch between 2 decent stations, I now get to switch between 1 decent stations, and a bunch of 3rd tier ones I wouldn't voluntarily listen to if there were other choices. The 60s-80s had some good rock music, but it's not what I want to listened to every day. And how is it that all radio stations play commercials at the same time? It's like this giant conspiracy to force us to listen to advertising.

<< Home