Friday Musings and Random Thoughts
It seems that I've started a trend amongst my friends now that I've created my blog. So far a coworker, a friend's wife, and now my wife have all started their own blogs. I'll link to them down the road once it's been determined if they'll be regularly updated.
I want to write about the $.50 gas tax increase discussion that's going on in conservative economic circles, but I'm not quite sure where I stand on the issue. I like the underlying principle that it'd force us to more efficient and environmentally friendly vehicles, but I'm not sure taxation is the right way to do it. Also, regressive taxes raise all sorts of issues and I'm generally a fan of fair trade, which this isn't. I'll ponder this and more over the weekend and try to have something intelligent to say about this next week.
Speaking of the weekend, it's off to Houston for grandma's and my sister's birthdays. There will be no postings while we're gone, but Memorial Day is a maybe, if I'm not too busy.

<< Home