7/06/2004

Post holiday post

Sorry for not posting the last couple of days, I was off on Friday and Monday was a holiday so I kind of took all 4 days off to do as little as possible. Unfortunately, I failed. I managed to get the grass mowed, work on my new sidewalk in the back yard, and do other, random chores around the house. Oh well, I got in plenty of hours of KOTOR and TV watching which both lead to these random updates.

The Ebay guy - what a loser. He did respond a couple more times in line with his previous posts except with foul language. I reported him to ebay and told him as much (after messing with him a couple more times). Now we'll see what, if anything, happens.

KOTOR - what a great game. If you like Star Wars and you like role playing games (RPGs), then you've got to play it. I played the PC version and the controls are kinda odd, but I hear the Xbox version isn't as unnatural. Either way, the story is excellent and it's a fun play that's worth the $20 I paid for it on ebay.

4th of July - we didn't do anything. Nothing. We did go to the wife's folks for lunch, but that's it. I tried to smoke some ribs over the weekend, but merely managed to burn them to a crisp. Good thing we didn't invite anyone else over to share them with. I had to punt and get out some chicken. The good news is that the wife found a oven baked french fry recipe that is awesome and I made some homemade strawberry ice cream that was delicious.

TV - why is it that DirecTV feels the need to advertise their product to me while I'm watching DirecTV? I don't get it. I'm already watching it, why keep selling it to me? Seems like there ought to be a better use for your advertising dollar than to show me ads of something I've already got. Now, telling me I can take it with me if/when I move is good, but that's about the only DirecTV commercial I need to see, just not 4.5 gazillion times over a 4 day weekend.

Kerry-Edwards - I'll get back to that later this week.

Basketball - The Mavs lost Nash. I don't know what that means to how they play the game, but I don't like it. And Coach K going to LA? Did anyone actually think he would really do this, seriously? I'm glad he decided to stay put. Rudy T. is fine for them, especially for all the Laker's fan(s) in Houston who constantly bad mouthed his coaching and his Rocket's teams.

I guess that's it for today. I'll find something serious to write about tomorrow, maybe.