Life's a changin'
So I quit my job the other day. Actually, I just resigned and gave the obligatory 2 weeks notice, but it sounds more fun to say I up and quit. I'd gotten to the point where I didn't like going to work anymore and the thought of hanging around for the next 3 years while I finish law school was flat out depressing. Besides, I'd gotten a call from a recruiter for what looks to be a pretty decent opportunity so I interviewed and got the offer for more money, more responsibility, more authority, and more opportunity. So I took it.
Of course the risk is that this new position won't be as flexible as my current one or will not allow me to do schoolwork at the office, but I think it still beats being depressed for the 8 or so hours a day I have been hanging around here. There's also the slight possibility of travel but I explained up front that I didn't want to travel if I didn't have to and was only open to about 10% travel max. If it's flexible I think I can do 10% without too much trouble.
Oh, and I didn't really tell them I was in law school anyways. I didn't want that to skew the deal if they thought I was a short timer. Of course, 3 years of employment really isn't a short timer, but you can't keep people from perceiving that if I were to tell them I'm changing careers in 2008. Besides, what I do on the evenings and weekends is my business as long as it's not something that could put the company at risk (like drug dealing or something like that), right?
I guess we'll have to wait and see how this all works out. I've got to finish up my last 2 weeks here and then start immediately at my new position. I'll miss my friends and some of my co-workers here, but not the rest of them or the rest of this place. Wish me luck!

<< Home