8/17/2004

I'm back

From vacation, that is. The wife and I had a wonderful trip to AZ to see the 'rents, the Grand Canyon, and my college roommate. The Grand Canyon is absolutely breath taking. The pictures just don't do it justice. There's no way you can fathom its size besides standing on the edge and looking across it. It's HUGE. And the way the colors change as the sun rises and sets is beautiful. We also went to Sedona, which was also very pretty and the drive through the mountains was quite fun.

My folks are doing well and seeing my college roommate was quite fun. He's managed to get married since the last time I saw him and his wife is quite charming. They seem to fit well together and that's a good thing. He and I used to be philosopher kings in undergrad and it was easy to slip back into that role discussion what's going on around us in the world today. But then we had to come home and I had to go back to work this morning. What a let down.

Then again, orientation for the part-time program is tonite and tomorrow evening after work. Then there's a school wide happy hour on Thursday with classes starting on Monday. I've got a busy weekend planned before school starts and haven't even looked at our pre-class reading requirements. I've got the books, and they look nice on my office floor, but the thought of picking them up, taking off the cellophane, and attempting to read them seems daunting at the moment. Especially since Doom 3 is still sitting on my PC unfinished and with free time dwindling fast. I know it's too early to start really stressing out about this, but I can see it coming. It's bearing down on me. I can't wait!