New Shoes
We break from this serious discussion to bring you the following:
An Ode to New Shoes
I have some new shoes, they do not squeak;
I think they're kinda cool, my wife thinks they're neat.
I got them on sale, for that I'm quite happy;
I really do like them; I'm not at all sappy.
They've got bigger soles; they make me look tall;
I do like the view from here, I hope I don't fall.
I've only got one problem with them and that's the pain;
But if they came already broken in, it wouldn't be the same.
Now I've got to keep walking because I've got places to go;
But if my feet don't quit hurting I might be a bit slow.
So hold there a minute, I'm not quite that fleet;
And tell me how great my new shoes look on my feet.
I know, I know, I'm not a poet. But I did have fun writing that.

<< Home