11/05/2004

Weekend Update

Okay, sorry about the lack of posting this week. I'm finishing up my current job and it's amazing all the people wanting me to do stuff before I leave. It's like they still expect me to work knowing that all their problems will no longer be my problems next week. Fools.

We're off to go camping this weekend. We're going to sit outside, cook over the camp fire, and read for CivPro. Sounds fun, huh?

What really blows is that my boss is actually forcing me to work my entire 2-week notice time period. That means I've got to come in on Monday even though I've transitioned all my work to other people. I'm also supposed to come in on Tuesday, which will be a problem because I'm starting my new job on that day too. Fortunately, my pager will still work so I should be able to pretend to be both places at once. Actually, since I'm taking all my vacation starting on Wednesday, I'm still an employee through Thanksgiving so I'll get paid for the holiday by both companies. Ain't that cool?!

I'll promise to do better next week as I'll have new and exciting things to post about. Have a good weekend.