8/24/2004

First Impression

Well, I survived my first night of classes and it wasn't horrible. Actually, it wasn't bad at all, but it was the first classes.

Prof Torts seems to be a nice enough guy, but he's a visiting professor so I wasn't able to get any scoop on him prior to going last night. He appears to have a sense of humor and used a powerpoint presentation in class, but I don't know if that was a one time thing or if he'll use one regularly. Either way, when asked if he was going to share his presentations with us, he replied, "not until the end of the semester". I'm not sure what's up with this, since in the time he's talking about a slide we can all type them up ourselves, but whatever.

Prof CivPro is a character, or was so described by a former student. He's apparently a minor deity in the legal community and his reputation is that he's aware of this and believes it himself. He's definitely a little over the top, but that's not a bad thing. He's definitely opinionated and not afraid to share so this out to be interesting, at least. Now, if I can just get past the point that he emphases every point he makes with "K" (like okay, but without the O) and repeats some phrases after emphasizing them, I'll be able to quit laughing to myself while I sit in class.

Tonite is Contracts and 2 sections of LWRA. Yeah!