I am so amused
by this whole SBA election thing. Really, it's pretty funny. Elections are tonite and those running have had 4 days to campaign, 3 of which we weren't on campus because we're evening students and avoid school like the plague over the weekends. To compensate the two "parties" that are running went wacky last night passing out flyers, wearing t-shirts with campaign slogans, and some were even dressed up in suit coats. It was hilarious. Since they were doing this outside the classroom (election rules) once everyone got in the classrooms they were tossing the flyers, placing stickers all over the place, and generally laughing at the whole fiasco. It seems we're way to cynical to be bought off with pretty pictures and stickers. Now the group that handed out contracts tests was very creative, but one of their answer pages was missing and that's disturbing.
I used the term parties above because it seems most of the candidates have teamed themselves up into 2 distinct groups. Since we get to elect 3 reps (1 voting, 2 advisory), each party has 3 members and is campaigning in a group. That leaves the others running alone, but I don't think that's a great harm. Also, these groups seem to represent specific LRWA sections like that's a viable designation that makes one group of people different from the other and thus in need of representation. I don't know about my classmates, but who cares? Whether you're in my LWRA section or not is irrelevant, really. Actually, since some of the people in my LWRA section are running, and I've gotten to know them a little, it just provide me more reasons not to vote for them than if they were in a different section and I knew nothing about them at all. Like I said above, this whole thing is really amusing.

<< Home