Some things to be concerned about
Strolling through the news this morning I ran across the following articles that anyone interested in the advancement of technology should be seriously concerned about.
This article is on the newest version of the proposed Induce Act and it's a bad deal all the way around. Congress is going about this the wrong way and the language is this is WAY too broad. I think that protecting copyrights is a good thing, but outlawing P2P networks isn't the best way to do it.
This article concerns the new SenderID initiative that will work wonders in helping control spam, except that Microsoft is being selfish and appears to the jacking up the deal. Shame on them. SenderID is a great concept and needs the full support and buy-in of the other market players, but it looks like many of them will back out if Gates & Co. don't back down.
This article is about whether Google can sell adds based on trademarked names and I don't know that it's this great threat to technological advancements, but it will have an impact on e-commerce and internet advertising so it's worth watching.
This final article is merely interesting in the evolving battle about e-voting, but it's a victory for e-voting so I thought I'd share it as well.

<< Home