Misc. Friday
Woohoo! I got a new cell phone. I finally broke down and got the wife and I both new cell phones because each of ours had been malfunctioning in one way or the other for a couple months now. I got the new Samsung X427 flip phone and the wife got the new Nokia 3100. I'll write reviews of them in a couple weeks after I use them for a while.
It's Restaurant Week here in town where restaurants provide a pre fix menu for a set price and then donate part of the proceeds to the local food bank. It's really great in that it allows you to go to expensive places for a reasonable price and support charity all at the same time. Restaurant Week technically ended last week, but many of the restaurants have extended it another week because it's as good for them as it is for us. Anyways, I'm taking the wife to a fairly swanky place on the cheap that I'd list here, but then this would be the one day she reads my blog and that would end the surprise. Last Friday we went with friends to Nana, at The Anatole and it was delicious. The menu consisted of several options for each course (more than two) and everything that we ate was great. The wife had a beef tenderloin in some sort of wine sauce that was yummy. I had halibut with a lobster cream sauce that was absolutely sublime. I'm hoping for a similar experience tonite and I'll post a review next week.
Classes last night were fine. The mandatory LRWA (not LWRA, as I've been writing it) at 6pm that only lasted 35 minutes, though . . . Since Contracts didn't start until 7:30, we could have started the LRWA meeting at 6:30 and been just fine. Additionally, the content wasn't such that required a personal explanation. An email or web page outlining the content of that meeting and the one we had to go to after Contracts on Tuesday would have been sufficient.
Speaking of email, what's up with the professors not accepting assignments by email? Do the apps on their computers not work? I know they're lawyers and all, and thus reluctant to change, but someone's got to move into the 21st century at some point. Maybe it'd help our rankings if we were a first mover?
I think that's it for today unless something exciting happens. I've got a couple posts lined up for next week about how going to school is affecting my daily life and about the school/class schedule, but I'm not ready to publish them, yet. I hope everyone has an excellent weekend and if you're in my class I expect to see you at the library at some time tomorrow or the next day working diligently on your first set of LWRA homework.

<< Home