Stop hiding the friggin' ball
I know this is fun to you and that you find this amusing, but it's not . . . really. After the 6th or 7th person has attempted to answer the very pointed question you're asking, and is not giving you the one, exact, precise answer you're looking for, isn't it obvious that WE HAVE NO IDEA? There, I said it, I admitted it. We have no idea what answer you want us to tell you. We've only been in law school a week and a half. We're not supposed to and should not be expected to know the answer at this point in our legal education. SO STOP DOING IT! Wasting half a class going one by one through the raised hands cannot be beneficial.
Note to the rest of the class: STOP RAISING YOUR HANDS. Maybe, just maybe, if the first 4-5 people get the wrong answer, none of us will know the right answer. And maybe, if there aren't any hands raised, he'll just tell us instead of continuing to quiz everyone who wants to toss out an answer. This could possibly double the amount of material we can cover in all our classes and reduce our frustration level significantly. Now, yes, I know he can just start calling on us at random, but if the first couple of people just say I don't know, maybe he'll get bored and move on.
Now, for some administrative issues, the A/C is still not turned on in our classroom. Tonite I'm taking my own, personal, ice pack. And to the girl in the middle of the room who keeps raising her hand and then talking with her hands in front of her mouth, STOP IT. If you're going to volunteer in class, leave your hands on the desk once you're called on. Talking with your hand(s) in front of your mouth muffles the sounds coming out and makes you look like an idiot. If you were to be called on out of the blue and did this out of nervousness then I'd understand it, but you're volunteering. If you can't consciously control this behavior, then stop raising your hand. Problem solved.

<< Home