9/01/2004

Random Stuff

CivPro - am I supposed to be this confused so early in the semester? I think I'm understanding what I'm reading and it seems to make sense, but then Prof. CivPro starts to talk about it and I'm confused. Is it me, the topic, the text? To work through this confusion I sat down with a borrowed copy of Glannon's earlier this week and it provided a more thorough explanation, but I'm not sure that will translate to classroom understanding. I know others are confused because I've asked around. Maybe if Prof. CivPro slowed down a little and explained this stuff it'd make more sense, but then this would be like B. School and we can't have that now, can we? There's no sense in making this easy on anyone . . . .

LRWA - Is it my imagination or is a lot of what lawyers do still mired way back in the 18th century somewhere? I know traditions are important, but if lawyers and judges are smart enough to get through law school and pass the bar, aren't they also smart enough to realize that if cases have parallel cites it doesn't matter which volume they cite from? And who was the first moron to decide the Harvard was serious when the decided to cite cases differently in law reviews than is normally used in court. It was a joke just to see who'd follow, and apparently no one got it. And yes, I know these are obvious questions that every first year law student asks, but where's the revolution such insights are supposed to incite once you become professionals?

FH206 - Can whomever is responsible for the air-conditioning in this room please make sure it stays on until 9pm? I know this evening program is new, but it's been in the planning stages for many months. Surely someone had the foresight to tell the plant and equipment folks what rooms late classes would be in? I'm having a hard enough problem following Prof. CivPro. Extra warmth only leads to it being easier for me to mentally "check out" and nap.