What a wonderful weekend
All 3 days of it. Not having to go to work or school yesterday was just great. We ended up having some friends over for some grilling and beer drinking and it made for an excellent afternoon. I even managed to not burn the ribs I smoked most of the morning. That said, the overnight rainfall did interfere with the project I was working on, but I think I can get it finished up next weekend. Now it's back to work and to school.
Speaking of school, we've got an organization fair mid week where we can learn about all the wonderful student organizations available to us as students. I've already seen emails and many of them hold their meetings during the daytime. I'm not sure how that's supposed to help those of us in the evening program, but these are just great programs that can really be beneficial to us as students (written with sarcasm, in case it doesn't read that way). At least they are holding the fair twice with one of those times in the evenings so we can find out what we're going to be missing out on.
Odd Question of the Day: When will banks quit letting weekends and holidays impact how they handle money? I know, back in the old days, work was actually done by people who didn't work on the weekends, but now much of it is done by computers, and computers work all the time. So why can't transactions post on weekends and holidays just like they do on weekdays? I suppose if all of the transactions are being baby-sat by a real person who might be off I'd understand, but I just don't think this is the case. Evidence of this can be seen when I come back from lunch and my debit card transaction is already listed as a pending transaction. And speaking of pending transactions, why do these transactions have to wait until the end of the day to post? Didn't batch jobs go out in the 90's? Why can't all of this be real time? Just curious.

<< Home