New Job
So I mentioned in my last post that I started a new job at the beginning of November. It turns out that after 3 years of applications development management that I don't really like applications development. That and I didn't expect the working environment and corporate culture at my previous employer to change enough that I could stand it anytime soon.
It was an interesting thing, though. I got a call out of the blue from a headhunting company who'd placed me in a previous position about 5 years ago based on my skillset they had listed in their database. After talking to the recruiter for a little while and 3 interviews with the company, I got my new position doing what I did before my stint in applications development. I'm not back doing large scale networking implementation project management and couldn't be happier. I got more responsibility, more authority, and most importantly, more money to take this new position. Then again, it helps that the hiring manager is someone I knew from a previous job as well as one of the marketing people who he checked with on my background. It's a small world and I try hard not to burn my bridges.
The only draw back is that while the new office isn't any farther than my old one, the traffic home in the evenings is much worse. Oh, and my hours aren't nearly as school convenient, but I'm making it work.

<< Home