I'll take "different viewpoints" for $400, Alex
The question: Which political party seems to be underrepresented in the online law student blog population? If you answered, the Republican party, you'd be correct. Actually, if you answered the libertarian party, you'd also be mostly correct so I'll give you half credit for that answer. I've been reading law student and related legal blogs for a couple months now and it seems to me that most of the writers tend to lean towards the democratic party view of the country or are at least strongly anti-republican. Most hate, despise, or merely dislike Bush and, in turn, call for his ouster on a regular basis. None outwardly claim to be republicans or to support Bush, though an occasional writer could be considered a neo-conservative.
I'm not sure whether this observation shocks me or is indicative of anything, but it wasn't what I expected. Sure, I expected to see a lot of liberal leaning thought because intelligent liberals can make convincing arguments, but I also expected to see an equal amount of conservative rhetoric. (BTW, I hate the tags liberal/conservative because they're misapplied in most cases and aren't necessarily indicative of their actual meaning.) Another thing that surprises me is the lack of heated debate amongst the blogs. Sure, there are differing opinions, but no knock down, name calling, diatribes. Maybe I'm just reading in the wrong circles, but it seems that a viable, alternative opinion is missing from the Internet discussions.

<< Home