Monday Football Review
Okay, I'm going to try to review the football games I caught pieces of and report on my Fantasy Football (FF) team each Monday, assuming I get to watch any football at all. Since this was opening weekend for the NFL, I caught the Cowboy's game and parts of some of the college games on Saturday.
NFL - Yes, the Cowboy's lost, but did you see them throw the ball? What a beautiful sight to see after last year's inability to move the rock up and down the field. Now, about that running game. Just put Rashard Lee in and see how he does. He had better success than the others so what harm could it do?
FF impacts - I lost my FF game too, but only because McNabb threw for 4 TDs and was on my opponents team. Other than that, his team played horribly. Of course, mine wasn't stellar either, but we'd have won if it hadn't been for McNabb. Now, what happened to Jamal Lewis against Cleveland? He put up over 500 yards against the Browns last year and yesterday he didn't even crack 100. And Bulger against the Cardinals last year was another stats machine, but yesterday was a bust. Go figure. I guess that adage that past behavior is not necessarily indicative of future success hit home. Good thing this was just the first week.
NCAA - I cannot believe that ND beat Big Blue. I mean, I'm happy for Coach Willingham and the Irish faithful, but Michigan should have and could have played better. And then there's UT barely getting by the Razorbacks? What's up with that? Benson ran for something like 150 yards, and yet it came down to a failed last second drive for the 'horns to pull out the win. And poor Florida State. Are they ever going to beat Miami? They just controlled the first half of the game but somehow the 'Canes came alive and won this one. I know that there's such a thing as bad luck, but how long can it last, really. Sorry, Mr. FF, but I rooted for your team.
Have I mentioned that I love this time of year? I really do. I don't really care what game is on, or which team I'm rooting for, but football on the big screen (or any screen, for that matter), is just wonderful to behold. Unfortunately, the books kept me from watching more games, but I got in enough to be satisfied, for now.

<< Home