Impressions, round 2
Last night was my first introduction to my Contracts and LWRA classes. LWRA will be fine, in the same way that the required communications class was fine in B-school. They want to teach us a specific way to write and I know I'll probably struggle with it. Not with the citing and formatting and with all the legally correct things to include as appropriate, but with the style that the professor wants to see something written vs. the style that I normally write. I write very close to how I speak. Someone who reads these posts and then listens to me talk about something knowledgeable will see that there's very little difference between the two. This will, of course, not be what she is looking for and I'll struggle a little, but hopefully I'll end up with a Memo that she's happy with enough to get a good grade. Prof LWRA is very enthusiastic about what she does. She believes that LWRA is really exciting and wants us to be as excited as she is. I don't think it will work, but I applaud her attitude.
Contracts will be fine too and we jumped right into the meat of the topic. Since what constitutes a contract is still a relevant discussion, there was no need to define terms and provide an overview before we got down to business. Prof Contracts has a sense of humor and his interaction with the class is good. It looks like he'll live up to his reputation on campus and for that I'm glad.
Afterwards, they brought us all together in our tutor groups for a discussion of learning styles and study habits. It wasn't terribly useful to me, but it hasn't been years and years since I've been to school. Some of those there are lost in CivPro so one of the tutors is going to hunt around for notes/outlines from previous semesters and recommended one of the commercial outlines as a good place to go for bearing. I'm okay for now so I'm going to hold off, but if someone brings one of these to class I'll probably look through it to see if it might be useful.

<< Home